Honda Civic Hatchback Dashboard Lights
Your vehicle's dashboard contains a lot of information. Some of it is clear cut, like what song is playing or who's calling. Others, like your dashboard lights, might need some explanation. To help drivers in Peoria, Glendale, and Sun City figure out what your car is trying to tell you, Arrowhead Honda runs through the Honda Civic hatchback dashboard lights. Schedule a service appointment today to have your car maintained by an expert.
A green dashboard light on your instrument panel is just letting you know that a system has been turned on. Some green lights you might see during your drive include:
- Fog Lights - This light looks like a cross section of a headlight with some squiggly lines in front of it to represent fog.
- Auto High Beam System - It also looks like a side view of a headlight, but features the letter A inside of it, as well as some straight lines in front of it.
A yellow dashboard light is usually warning you about a malfunction in your Honda Civic Hatchback. While they're not urgent, they shouldn't be ignored. Schedule service as soon as you can, so you don't see a red light later on. Some yellow lights to look out for are:
- Anti-lock Brake System - A light with the letters ABS means that there's a problem with your anti-lock braking system.
- Malfunction Indication Lamp - This is your Check Engine light. It looks like your engine and may mean there's a problem with the emissions system or that the fuel cap is loose. If it's still on after you tighten the fuel cap, schedule service.
- Low Tire Pressure/Tire Pressure Monitoring System - This dashboard light looks like a wheel with a line running down the center. It'll turn on if any of your tires are low on air or if there's a problem with the system.
- Electric Power Steering - When there's a problem with the power steering system on the Honda Civic Hatchback, you'll usually feel it when you're turning. Just before that there should be a yellow light that looks like your steering wheel with an exclamation next to it.
A red light on your dashboard is a serious warning. Most red lights require immediate action. Some of the most important red warning lights to be aware of are:
- Brake System - When the word BRAKE appears on your dashboard, it means there's a problem with your main brake system. Pull over and stop the car right away. It's not safe to drive with faulty brakes.
- Low Oil Pressure - A light that looks like an old-fashioned oil can is a sign that it's been too long since your last oil change. Continuing to drive without enough oil can damage your engine.
- 12-Volt Battery Charging System - A light that looks like your car battery signals that either your battery is low or there's an issues with the charging system. Keep the car running, but turn off features like your sound system and air conditioning, then drive to a service center.
- Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) - If there's a problem with the SRS airbag or seat belt pretensioner system in the Civic Hatchback, you'll see a red light that looks like a passenger sitting down with a circle in front of them.
Honda Civic Hatchback - Schedule Service
If you see any of the lights referenced in this Honda Civic hatchback dashboard light guide, schedule service with Arrowhead Honda. Our service center has a team of knowledgeable technicians who help drivers in Phoenix, West Valley, and Surprise with all their service, maintenance, and repairs.